SAA Charity Fund â€“ Accepting Applications
The season of giving is upon us. Â The SAA has a tradition of giving back to local sports organizations over the past years. Â Kidsport Richmond, Right to Play and BC Cancer Foundation have all benefited from the SAA’s Charity Fund.
Steveston Athletic Association is once again pleased to announce the â€œSAA Charity Fundâ€ for 2011. The purpose of the SAA Chairty Fund is to provideÂ monetary donations to charities in line with the Steveston Athletic Associationâ€™s mission statement as a way for the club and its members to give back to the community we live and participate in.
The process is very simple; Â Any SAA member in good standing can complete the attachedÂ SAA-Charity-Application-Form on behalf of the charity. The member must then submit theÂ completed application to one of the SAA Charity Committee members byÂ December 30, 2011.
The SAA Charity Committee members are:
- Jan Frail
- Debbie Samsom
- Tracy Marshall
- Michelle Horstmann
- Michelle LaPorte
- Calvin Gehlen
Successful Charities must be a registered charity with the Canadian Revenue Agency (http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/charities/).
The SAA Charity Committee will review the applicationsÂ using an established evaluation process to determine the successful charities which best fit the SAA mission statement.Â Â An announcement of the successful charities will be made at our AGM in February 2012.
If you are submitting a Charity Application pleaseÂ ensure the application is completed in its entirety as incomplete applicationsWILL NOT be accepted. The Charity Committee will not be completing the applicationÂ forms, it is up the SAA member to complete this form.
Deadline dates for this years Charity Process are as follows:
- December 30, 2011: Charity Application Submission to the Charity Committee.
- Late February at the AGM, 2012: SAA announces successful charities.
As shown on the club website â€œaboutâ€ page, the following is the SAAâ€™s mission statement.
The Steveston Athletic Association is a non-profit organization with a mission to promote fitness and personal goals in athletes from recreational to elite. Our mission statement is to:
- Provide programs that balance technical and performance based training;
- Allow athletes to develop at their own pace in a fun, comfortable and challenging environment;
- Offer a variety of social programs that promote fitness and skill development to suit a variety of individual desires;
- Help athletes who want to participate in running and triathlons to compete at their highest level of potential;
- Promote safety in all aspects of fitness and training;
- Participate in community service projects and foster wellness in the community.
For a more detailed description of the SAA Charity Process, please feel free to talk to one of the SAA directors. Additional information including this past yearâ€™s recipients can be found on the SAA Charity Fund pageÂ https://www.thesaa.ca/saa-charity-fund/