SAA Special Meeting and Christmas Party
The SAA is hosting two events on Saturday December 9th: a Special General Meeting and the Christmas party.
The purpose of the Special General Meeting is to vote on the transition to a member-funded Society. A new Societies Act came into effect on Nov. 28, 2016, and within two years, every Society must transition to the new Act. On transition, each society will be asked whether it wishes to designate itself as a “member-funded society”. Please read to this document for background and further information prior to the meeting.
If you are unable to attend the meeting, a Proxy form is available – please complete this form and provide to a member who will be going to the meeting.
- When: Sat Dec 9th
- Special General Meeting will start at 6:00pm
- Christmas Party will start after the SGM, approx. 6:30pm
- Where: Bonnie’s house in Steveston (email lindac @ thesaa.ca for location)
- Who: All SAA members in good standing may attend and vote at the Special General Meeting. Friends and spouses of SAA are welcome to attend the Christmas party, but are ineligible to vote.
- Bring: a dish to share plus your beverage of choice
Please drink responsibly and arrange for safe transport home.