2017 Bike Rides
Our Spring/Summer cycling program is starting up again for the 2017 season. We are working on getting bike leaders and will update the Google calendar. Please note that dates that we have scheduled a session with Coach Barb, we will not have an official SAA ride. Saturday April 29 is scheduled to be a session with Coach Barb only.
You must ensure that on every ride you are self sufficient and understand where we are riding. We suggest that you bring the following items:
- Appropriate clothing for the weather conditions – SAA gear both looks and feels great, and comes in a variety of options!
- Nutrition and water or sports drink
- Cell phone
- Tube change kit
- Money or a credit card
- Printed map of the route (if needed)
We’re going to try something new on the Saturday long rides and use a buddy concept. We’ve been doing this informally now, but will formalize it in order to comply with TriBC guidelines for insurance. In making this change, we hope to satisfy the goals of all our members and make the rides less intimidating to those less comfortable with cycling.
- There will be one official bike leader who is community coach certified
- Depending on the skill levels of the group, there may be several different subgroups with someone appointed as the “sub group leader”. This person does not require the coaching certification.
- The ride leader and sub group leaders must have each other’s cell phone number
- Sub group leaders are responsible for reporting back to the ride leader when all its members are finished or if there are issues. A quick text will suffice.
- The bike leader is responsible for ensuring all sub group leaders have checked in and that all cyclists are accounted for
* Any cancellation of the ride will be posted on the SAA Google calendar 1 to 1.5 hours before the start as well as the SAA Facebook page.
Wednesdays – 6:30 pm Start (Skills, Hills, Tempo workouts). We are going to try having rides in both Richmond and Tsawwassen.
See SAA Google calendar for start locations.
Saturdays – 8:30 am Start (Long Rides). Note: Routes can be modified for shorter distances and many are “out and back” routes.
See SAA Google calendar start locations, distance and route.