SAA Unveils it’s new Charity Fund
Steveston Athletic Association is pleased to announce the start of an “SAA Charity Fund” . The purpose of the SAA Chairty Fund is to provideÂ monetary donations to charities in line with the Steveston Athletic Association’s mission statement as a way for the club and its members to give back to the community we live and participate in.
The process is very simple; Â Any SAA member in good standing can complete the attachedÂ SAA Charity Application FormÂ on behalf of the charity. The member must then submit the completed application to one of the SAA Charity Committee members by November 15, 2009.
The SAA Charity Committe members are:
- Tracy Marshall
- Jan Frail
- Joanne Fox
- Michelle Horstmann
Successful Charities must be a registered charity with the Canadian Revenue Agency (http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/charities/).
The SAA Charity committee will review the applicationsÂ using an established evaluation process to determine the successful charities which best fit the SAA mission statement.Â Â An announcement of the successful charities will be made by December 6, 2009.
If you are submitting a Charity Application please ensure the application is completed in its entirety as incomplete applications WILL NOT be accepted. The Charity Committe will not be completing the applicationÂ forms, it is up the SAA member to complete this form.
Deadline dates for this years Charity Process are as follows:
- Nov 15, 2009: Charity Application Submission to the Charity Committee.
- December 6, 2009: SAA announces successful charities.
As shown on the club website “about” page, the following is the SAA’s mission statement.
The Steveston Athletic Association is a non-profit organization with a mission to promote fitness and personal goals in athletes from recreational to elite. Our mission statement is to:
- Provide programs that balance technical and performance based training;
- Allow athletes to develop at their own pace in a fun, comfortable and challenging environment;
- Offer a variety of social programs that promote fitness and skill development to suit a variety of individual desires;
- Help athletes who want to participate in running and triathlons to compete at their highest level of potential;
- Promote safety in all aspects of fitness and training;
- Participate in community service projects and foster wellness in the community.
For a more detailed description of the SAA Charity Process, please feel free to talk to one of the SAA directors.